28 June: Youth Forum
Watch replay of morning session (programme below)
Watch replay of afternoon session (programme below)
Masters of Ceremony:
- Mr Ulises Brengi (SDG4Youth Representative to the Transforming Education Summit Advisory Committee)
- Ms Mathilde Boulogne, Global Youth Ambassador, TheirWorld
I. Performance: Transforming Education in All Corners of the World
A short opening video will be followed by performances from three youth artists / activists from different cultures and experiences who will share personal and inspiring accounts in relation to transforming education.
- Ms Ayan Said, Poet, Education Above All
- Ms Karyna Radchenko, Founder of Partnership for Advancing Innovative Sustainability
- Mr Francis Odiambo, Dancer, Cheza Cheza
- Ms Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Ms Stefania Giannini, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO
- Ms Jutta Urpilainen, European Commissioner for International Partnerships
- Ms Kenisha Arora, Youth Representative to the SDG4 High-Level Steering Committee
III. The Right to Be Heard: Positioning Adolescents and Young People at the Center of Transforming Education
This session is dedicated to ‘demanding’ and amplifying the shared commitment to young people as ‘equal partners at the table’ in the transformation of education. A strategic dialogue (conversation/back forth) between UNICEF, EU and three young people.
Facilitator: Ms Rana Bou Jaber, Social activist and youth advocate
- Ms Catherine M. Russell, Executive Director, UNICEF
- H.E. Mr David Sengeh, Minister of Basic and Senior Secondary Education, Sierra Leone, Co-Chair of the Summit Advisory Committee and the SDG4 High-Level Steering Committee
- Ms Renate Adriaansens: President of Young Feminist Ambassadors-Netherlands
- Mr Crédo Gansou: Director NGO Pauly Afrique Bio-Benin
- Ms Shamah Bulangis: Co-Chair of Transform Education
IV. Teacher and Student-led Transformation of Education: Collaborative Approaches to Envision Future Pedagogies
This session will allow teachers, students and experts to interact and share their thoughts on future pedagogies.
Facilitator: Ms Un Wa Lok, Language Exchange & Culture Promotion Association (LECPA)
- Ms Adriana Figueredo, Tertiary Refugee Student Network regional leader, DAFI scholar
- Mr Petr Franc, Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions
- Dr Jamie Frost, winner of the Global Teacher Prize 2020 Covid Hero Award
- Mr Yao Ydo, Director for the UNESCO International Bureau of Education
V. LEGO Foundation ENERGIZER: Build and Play
This energizer session will challenge participants to engage in a hands-on minds-on experience to explore the power of play.
Facilitator: LEGO Foundation
VI. ProtectEiENow: Transforming Education in Crisis Contexts
This session will highlight how youth can be central to transforming Education in Emergencies and launch a Call to action to #ProtectEiENow.
Facilitator: Mr Nhial Deng, Summer Associate for Policy Advocacy at Plan International Canada
- Ms Yasmine Sherif, Director, Education Cannot Wait
- Ms Asma Rabi, Youth Researcher
- Mr Ratin Sazedul, Global Campaign for Education Youth Ambassador
- Mr Jibril Ahmed, Sudan, Arab Campaign for Education
- Ms Vicky Mogeni, Youth and Students' Engagement & Learning Coordinator, Global Campaign for Education
13:00–15:00 Lunch break
VII. Transforming-ED Talks: Youth innovations to transform education
This session will feature innovative approaches from five youth to transform education, in alignment with the Summit’s Thematic Action Tracks.
Facilitator: Mr Irfaan Mangera, Ahmed Kathrada Foundation
- Action Track 1: Mr Nir Shrestha, President at Blind Youth Association Nepal, Kathmandu Valley chapter
- Action Track 2: Ms Amanda Bennett Rivera, Youth Coordinator at Earth Charter International
- Action Track 3: Mr Ilan Enverga, Teacher and Founder of Youth for Better at International School for Better Beginnings
- Action Track 4: Ms Tania Rosas, Co-founder Origin Learning Fund and O-lab app
- Action Track 5: Ms. Ranja Diab, GPE Youth Leader
VIII. Gender Transformative Education: Reimagining education for a just and inclusive world
This feminist, intergenerational discussion will provide a platform for young feminist activists, ministers and practitioners to: Share their vision for action on gender transformative education; Demystify gender transformative education, tackle myths and critiques on it, and share practical examples of its implementation; and Share solutions and approaches for building gender transformative education systems.
Facilitators: Ms Antara Ganguli, Director, UNGEI Secretariat and Ms Ashlee Burnett, Co-Coordinator, Transform Education
- Ms Ana Marta Najarro Espinoza, Director of Planning, Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology, El Salvador
- Ms Diene Keita, Deputy Executive Director, UNFPA
- Ms Diana Ayala, GPE Youth Leader, Honduras
- Mr Ishaan, UN Women National Gender Youth Advocate
Ms Hazel Hurley, Youth illustrator
IX. Share Your Thoughts on Transforming Education
This engaging youth-led session will allow the audience to share their thoughts on the theme of ‘Transforming Education’.
Facilitators: Ms Aliyah Irabor, York, Founder, Pupil power and Mr Jack Davies, Campaigner, World’s Largest Lesson.
- If you could reinvent one thing, how would you transform education for the modern world?
- How could you make space for children and young people to help transform education?
X. Introducing the Youth Declaration and Closing
This session will present progress on the Youth Declaration, take stock of the day and pave the way to the Summit.
- Ms Jayathma Wickramanayake, UN Secretary-General's Envoy on Youth
- Ms Doris Mwikali, SDG4Youth Representative to the SDG 4 Education 2030 High-Level Steering Committee
- H.E. Santiago Irazabal Mourão, President of UNESCO’s General Conference
- Mr. Leonardo Garnier, Special Adviser of the Secretary-General on the Transforming Education Summit
(Closing) A’Salfo (Mr Salif Traoré), UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, together with Magic System
18:30 Welcome reception (Japanese Garden)
- Preparatory meeting of Thematic Action Track Co-leads, UN Support Teams and Transforming Education Summit leadership (closed-door)
- Meeting of the International Commission on the Futures of Education (closed-door)
- Side meetings
- Village events