1. The technical qualifications undertaken in Uganda are referenced to the WorldSkills Occupational Standards (WSOS) which are global standards (https://worldskills.org/what/projects/wsos/).
2. Industry is consulted to identity their role and needs in the development of skills for the young people.
3. The capacity building programme for the trainers is designed and delivered by experienced WorldSkills technical experts and the project is quality assured by the WorldSkills Standards and Assessment Adviser and the WorldSkills Assessment Consultant.
4. The Project is a collaboration between a global skills organization and a TVET national delivery partner with support from industry.
5. This will become an important case study for using global occupational standards as benchmarking tool to create a progressive plan for upskilling trainers in the developing countries